Outpatient CT Services
A CT scan will be performed on the requested region of the pet under general anesthesia. The images will then be reviewed by our consulting radiologist who will generate a written report complete with recommendations for further diagnostics and care for your patient. STAT reports can be available, but additional charges may apply. Please call the office to discuss further. All pets will be referred back to your practice for continued care.
READ AND COMPLETE THE FOLLOWING PRIOR TO SENDING THE FORM
- Owners should anticipate that their pet will be with us for the day.
- Patients need to be fasted for 12 hours prior to appointment.
- The referring veterinarian will be sent the CT report when available.
- The referring veterinarian will be expected to report the CT results to the client.
- Upload, email, or fax all recent and pertinent medical records PRIOR to the scheduled imaging appointment.
- Lab results (CBC/Chemistry) are required and must not be more than 30 days old.
- If the patient has a heart murmur, we highly recommend an echocardiogram to clear the patient for anesthesia prior to performing any CT.
- Please note that patients with azotemia should not have contrast. If you have a patient that has increased renal values please call us.
- If we do not receive this Out Patient CT Referral Form, lab results and any pertinent medical records prior to the scheduled appointment, we will be unable to perform CT scan.